Tipper was asked to be the close out presenter for the “One Book, One Community” Lecture Series hosted by Volunteer State College in Gallatin, TN. The lecture series was based off of a series of books that the students had to read and speakers were brought in to expound upon the stories. The book that Tipper presented on “The Other Wes Moore”. “The Other Wes Moore” is a book written by Wes Moore which tells that tail of two men from the same community of Baltimore; with the same name; with one ending up serving a life sentence and the other becoming a Rhodes Scholar. Dr. Kenny Yarborough heard Tipper present during the Black, Brown and College Bound Summit. He realized the stories of the two Wes Moore’s had parallels to Tipper’s story so he invited Tipper to come speak to the students of Volunteer State.
Channel Fox 45 News Highlights Tipper as a Champion of Courage for his work with The T.I.P.P.E.R. Foundation, Inc.
- 30th Anniversary Celebration of the American’s W/ Disabilities Act 08/15/2020
- Tipper featured on The Larry O’Donnell Show on MSNBC and the New York Magazine On Gun Control 11/13/2018
- #TIPTalks @ National Organization of Disability Forum 11/12/2018
- #TIPTalks : Activate2K16 Conference 01/02/2017
- #TIPTalks : “You Matter” Forum 01/02/2017